Thursday, February 1, 2007
Therapy
Today was a good physical therapy day as dad tried so hard to walk the parallel bars. He keeps practicing in his room to elevate his legs to strengthen them. He is a determined young man. Speech therapy is also working him hard and he is very cooperative. His throat seems better also. He really doesn't have any complaints. What a trooper.

Some of the aides and nurses feel that he is going to the spa/rehab on Friday but when we go to Physical Therapy they say we will see you tomorrow and the doctor (Dr. Hoffman - pulmonologist) still hasn't spoke to me. The internist (Dr. Zakarya, Dr. Vu's associate) seems to think he is ready to be transferred. I may even get a phone call late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Dr. Zakarya pulled me aside and said that they can't find a tumor nor any cancer and that is wonderful news but he did tell me that Dr. Hoffman will be talking to him and me to discuss the treatment, which sounds like prednisone to start. I can't wait to talk to Dr. Hoffman. Dad did question me after the talk with Dr. Zakarya and I told him just what he said. He did say let Dr. Hoffman tell you exactly but it is good news he said.

Keep the prayers coming as it sounds like good news so far. Now we have to get dad stronger and he seems to be willing to try.

Generose

P.S. Should be sending the pictures at therapy this evening to Carlene to post.
posted by Generose @ 7:12 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us



Previous Post
Archives
Links