Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Victory Lakes
As always, I called the hospital each morning whenever Carl was there and they told me that he was restless at night so I tried to get there earlier and I found him sleeping and he said "Is it morning? I slept realy well." His breakfast was sitting waiting for him to indulge. He was very hungry and ate 98% of what was there (cream of wheat, scrambled eggs, large warm danish, thickened milk, thickened apple juice) and he enjoyed ever bit. Carl knows he needs all the nourishment he can get to strengthen his legs so he can walk again.

Another meal came at 12:00 and again he ate almost everything. The nurse shaved him but left both his beard and mustache and he said he felt good. Sometime between breakfast and lunch they tried to give him therapy but he appeared too faint to go so the therapist came up to his bed and helped him with some excersises. At 2:15 pm they came from Murphy's ambulance service to transport him back to Victory Lakes.

Another group of the same questions were asked of him to see how he responds. All in all he did quite well and was joking again. It is good to see him in such great humor.

Looking forward as to what tomorrow will bring and hopefully he will be in good spirits and feeling stronger and ready for therapy. I reminded him that I get my hair done on Thursday so I will be a little later and he understood.

Generose
posted by Generose @ 6:53 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us



Previous Post
Archives
Links