Wednesday, February 28, 2007
"May I have this dance"
Such a heart warming phrase said by Carl at lunch. There was a man who played the organ and so many of the songs were from the 50's and Carl sang quietly and tears filled his eyes and his words were "May I have this dance, Generose". We both cried and as I write this blog I am filled with tears and no doubt many of you feel the same way. It was such a delight to hear that.

Tomorrow at lunch we are having a date for lunch per his request so I went to the office to order one for me to be served at the same time. It will be interesting to see what I get, as so much of his food is ground and thickened.

I guess I started in the middle of the day but per his request he can have a nebulizer treatment as often as he wants so his first one was around 9:00 am. Around 10:00 am was physical and occupational therapy. They seem to combine both so he can do them both somewhat together. I want to say he did quite well. He was quite tired after that but all in all it was worth his time.

The doctor even came to see him this afternoon and asked him about his stomach cramps and told him that there is no cure for pulmonary fibrosis but the are doing what the can and how important therapy is for him in his condition. Hopefully he listened and will work even harder. The only cure for the pulmonary fibrosis is a lung transplant and that will never happen at his age.

Looking forward to our date at lunch.

Generose
posted by Generose @ 7:18 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us



Previous Post
Archives
Links