Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Therapy here I come
Carl did quite well in therapy for the first day in the therapy room. I was so proud of him. They said if he walks with help to the end (which is only about 8 feet) he could get a kiss from me. He did that 3 times. He also did some excersies with his arms. It was such a pleasure seeing him do it and trying. He still has some ways to go but I'm sure every day he will progress.

Also, I only got a 1/2 of sandwich for dinner tonight from his meal as he ate the other 1/2. That is fine by me. I hated to see his food go to waste so oftentimes I would help him, only if he doesn't want any more. He also ate all his pudding and I didn't even get a sample of that. There was some fruit but I would say he ate one chunk of, I believe, it was watermelon or something of that color, as again I didn't taste it. He enjoys the thickened milk they give him and I did have a sip of that (yum, yum).

I have been encouraging the thickened water as they really don't want him to get dehydrated. That too is good and he can have all he wants at any time. He has been feeding himself so that is a plus.

There are times when he is very down or anxious and depressed but I told him he has to work to get himself out of that. Whether or not he listens I'm not sure. I brought him a calendar and am having him count the days to when I am hoping he comes home. I said perhaps Ash Wednesday. If therap goes well, he may make it. Time will tell as long as he doesn't have any setbacks.

Today Lou Bunk paid him a visit and that he seemed to enjoy.

Generose
posted by Generose @ 5:34 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At February 7, 2007 at 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mom,
    This is a great near "real time" update for friends and family. Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop. With everything else on your plate this is truly amazing how you are handling everything.
    Don't forget to eat, after all very shortly Dad will be eating more than 1/2 of his meal. :-)
    Love,
    Carlene

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us



Previous Post
Archives
Links