Friday, March 2, 2007
Count down
It looks as though next Thursday, March 8th is the day. Perhaps on Tuesday we will have an evaluation of our needs at home. Tonight I was cleaning our drawers and closet for the live-in that should come on Monday. No, I didn't clean the house only made room so that she feels the guest room is her space. I still do have things in there because I don't know where to hide them. I have not met her but hoping that we are compatible. I'm not even sure if her name is OLA or not. I pick her up on Monday morning in Waukegan. I have my Polish dictionary out so that I will be able to communicate with her.

Carl was assessed in the room with the therapists (physical & occupational). He did quite well. They wanted to be sure that he can do some things by himself and I guess he passed. Now for the real thing when he comes home. His meals today were ample for him but I guess the hardest thing for him is to eat very slowly so that he doesn't choke. I am there encouraging him to take small bites and a drink of the thickened stuff (milk, water, juice, soup or whatever) and then a dry swallow.

Carl still has a sore bottom but we are trying to remedy it with ointment, strategically trying to put the pillow in the right place in the wheelchair and anything that he wants to make him comfortable.

His 13"TV that was brought by Tom Belski has been such a blessing because he can watch what he wants in his room, even though the one in the great room is such a large screen but we don't want to change the channel too often.

No pictures taken today. Check the gallery for any that you might have missed.

Generose
posted by Generose @ 8:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us



Previous Post
Archives
Links