Thursday, March 1, 2007
Soon to be home
Lunch with my sweetheart was wonderful. Carl was so thrilled that he could take me out to lunch. I got my hair done and bought a new blouse and he was so excited about me having a well balanced meal with him.

Today I was told that perhaps next Thursday, March 8th, Carl will be out of Victory Lakes. They will evaluate him perhaps a couple days before that to be sure that he is a candidate for Hospice and then order the bed, wheelchair and whatever else we may need. I am looking forward to taking him home, even though I know things will be difficult but with all the cooperation I got, it will work out.

Carl seems to have a problem after his dinner with choking and that is a big concern of mine. I keep reminding him about only taking small bites and to do a dry swallow after that to be sure that his throat is clear. I guess he is so hungry that he has a tendency to forgetting about the dry swallow.

My brother, Gene and Sally, his wife, paid a visit in the afternoon and it was such a delight to have them stop & visit Carl at Victory Lakes. Carl looks good except that he has lost a great deal of weight. With my cooking and encouragement he should get some fat on those bones. Perhaps not my cooking but with being at home. I am hiring some live-in help also so that I will be able to run some errands once in awhile.

Generose
posted by Generose @ 8:01 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us



Previous Post
Archives
Links